The Home Buying Process
Real estate agents have been licensed by their state to help people buy and sell property Typically, agents are required to complete courses in real estate law, real estate financing, listings and selling. Real estate agents counsel you through the whole buying process, from deciding what type of home you want and finding it to tracking the process of your loan application.
What are the steps involved in purchasing a home that is perfect for you and your family?
Even if you’ve purchased or sold a home before. This process can still be a daunting task. The steps below are designed to help you better understand the home buying process and how we work to bring it all together.
Star the search
- Speak with a mortgage agent to determine the amount you can afford on your new home and to get pre-qualified for a loan at the beginning of the process. You’ll find sellers are more eager to work with offers when the buyers have been pre-qualified.
- Enlist my help as a licensed real estate specialist.
- Prioritize the features that are most important to you in finding your new home.
- I will perform a thorough search of all MLS listings that meet your requirements and we can meet to discuss the homes that appeal to you.
- Allow me to make appointments for you to view the homes that most closely meet your list requirements.
- Narrow your search to 1-2 possibilities and perhaps take another look at those properties
Making an offer
- Together we will determine the best course of action by pointing out the advantages and disadvantages of the offer and clarifying the choices available to you.
- Allow me to write up the offer and present it to the listings agent.
- I will explain the offer and answer all of your questions.
- The negotiation process begins.
- The seller accepts your offer, counters back things they don’t agree with or refuse the offer altogether.
- If the seller writes a counter offer, you have the same right as when you wrote the original offer, meaning you can accept the offer counter again or refuse the contract altogether.
- After the negotiation has been completed, the offer is accepted, signed by all parties and become a contract.
After the contract
- You will need to meet with the mortgage that issued your pre-qualification letter and submit loan application.
- Home inspections are scheduled.
- Inspection item resolved.
- Loan is approved.
- My team will coordinate all activities required for closing with the title and escrow company.
- My team will review your closing documents.
- I can schedule a final walk through of the property before closing.
- Time to move!
- If you are relocating, I will offer assistance wherever possible.